I live on the sixth floor of the six story building, so when the wind is whistling the wind is really howling like a beast. I'm made of air cuz I'm airy and I'm oblivious to everything unless you wave it in front of me, and so I love wind, but this wind is wind-packed with dust and makes my eyes kinda weary. But I am home on a short interlude before I am off to Lei Lei's. Much has happened, this updating everyday thing won't work, but I am committed to thorough factual updates lest I forget. So... What's happened?
- I spent a ding-load of money at a beauty salon, accidentally. Chinese saleswomen are truly impressive. You go in for a massage on your mother's card and comes out with a year's membership. Fu.....cuk.
- Mind how you pick your hairdresser, because in my experience, they are the it people to get you on-board, which is primarily the reason why I abandoned Bing Bing for a new place near Carrefour. Bing Bing was good for some fringe underground rock n' roll scene in China, and I reckon I can call him up no prob, but I need a younger crowd cuz I'm vain like that. So settled on chance at some hair solon called Beauty Workshop, typically hip crowd of young hairdressers and stylish mirrors. Made friends with the one with the nice designer glasses and hot hot tattoo. Oohhh, superficiality, how I love thee. I am at the moment, very always willing. heheh.
- Spent the afternoon with Xin. She's never had Starbucks, so brought a frapuccino in all is 32yuan glory (fuck when did Chinese people get so rich? This is RIDICULOUS, what kind of drink can be 32yuan in China?) for her. She is sweet as before. What a darling.
- Classes in general. Chinese universities need help. Some classes here are absolutely weak. Took a class on literary theory and the professor mumbled on and on about how we need literature. Well, no shit Sherlock, hence we are paying tuition to listen to you drone. Moving on. Somehow this came to involve diagrams that makes no sense whatsoever. Okay, now I'm just mean. It's not that bad actually, especially what with all the Korean international students buzzing in the back in Korean, Gucci, and Anycall. /sarcasm
- Speaking of which, the Gucci song amuses me
Some guys dress their own way Some guys look all the same Some guys just look OK The Gucci man looks hotter every day
... [Chorus] Girls screaming Gucci Oh my God, it's the Gucci guy-he's a heartthrob! If you like what you're seeing Wave your arms - Gucci Shook the States plus Milan The G is fo Gucci And not for game If you're not wearing Gucci You're one of the same Gotta stay calm, hear me out Gucci - that's what the world is all about
and what a world, what a world it is
- Lei Lei can dance. I'm waiting to go clubbing with her, my little baby all grown up.
- The Forbidden City is being sued at the moment, by a tourist who thought it wasn't fair that there was no labeling of what parts of the palace was under renovation.
- The media/paparazzi is under fire for sneaking pictures of one of the TWINS (Hong Kong pop group) while she was changing backstage at concert. There's no law protecting either side (aside from the "moral law"). The government is debating where to draw the line for media freedom. Kinda ironic. Heheheh.
- The tofu here is Amaaazing, as are cucumbers, when eaten raw
- The Monkey King is pretty much on 24/7
- My foot is asleep sleep sleep
- Some Chinese men can be leechy pansies
- I'm sorry, God. I know this is stupid. I miss Olive.
- I am hotter. HAHAHAHA... urm. 自恋.
- Getting rid of my tonsils. Chinese herbal medicine is very very bitter.
- Overall, I am really quite happy, despite being semi-friendless (despite getting new phone numbers somehow everyday), despite can't breathe and impending sickness, despite worrying about the "state of China," despite annoyed that I lost my notebook goddammit. There are problems here, and that makes it all the more worth being here.